20-first works with CEOs and senior leadership teams to help them become convinced and convincing about the business case for gender balance.
With a focus on effective leadership, our approach is tailored to the realities of each organisation. We help leaders across geographies, business lines and functions to understand better their current situation and to design and implement gender balance strategies that help them get the business results they are after.
It is critical to start the roll-out of a gender initiative by gathering information about the current state of the company. The 20-first Gender QuickScan is comprised of interviews, metrics and a high level review of systemic policies and procedures. The objective is to provide the organisation with a snapshot of the existing situation.
“The Gender Quickscan is an eye-opening experience for companies. They have a much deeper understanding of where the issues are and where they are not.”
Most leadership teams are neither convinced nor aligned around a business case for gender balance. The 20-first Awareness Sessions are a remarkably effective and efficient way of getting senior leaders to understand the stakes and commit to making gender balance a priority.
• Scheduled as half or full day sessions
• Targets top management, HR or sales and marketing
• Sessions include 15 – 25 participants
• Three-part structure:
WHY: Strategic Understanding
WHAT: Creating Sustainable Leadership Competencies
HOW: Implementation Plans
• Highly interactive and dynamic
• Optional webinar format
“For DSM’s Leadership Council, the 20-first Awareness Session was enlightening in both content and style…and provided us with a further catalyst for movement!”
CEO, Royal DSM
20-first Train the trainer
Equipping your internal team to deliver 20-first Awareness Sessions
The popularity of the 20-first Awareness Sessions has led us to create a “train the trainer” programme to allow companies to roll out this innovative and impactful approach themselves around the world. The 20-first Awareness Sessions, which cover the WHY, WHAT and HOW of better gender balance, have a strong track record of getting leadership teams to buy-in and commit to better gender balance.
• 2 day training course for internal trainers
• Covers how to deliver 20-first Awareness Sessions to managers worldwide
• Proven and impactful methodology
• Coaching on how to best present materials, run interactive exercises and answer questions
• Course materials are licensed for internal training use, including slides, interactive exercises, facilitation notes and anecdotes
“The Train the Trainers programme enabled NESTLE to acquire the know-how to independently roll out the same enlightening workshop that 20-first had run for our executive teams. We licensed the content, and now have the knowledge and facilitation skills in-house to expand gender awareness around the globe”
Senior HR Exec, Nestlé
Specialised content integrated into your environment
Companies often want to reinforce their gender balance initiative by keeping their teams up-to-date on the latest gender research and related news. Yet, few have the specialised resources to provide timely and insightful content designed for busy managers. 20-first Content provides specialised gender balance content that companies can include in their Intranet or other internal publications.
Up-to-date and globally relevant
• Specialised gender research and related news
• Includes the latest research reports, statistics,key appointments, global conferences, and what other high profile leaders are saying about gender balance
• Global scope
• Integrated into your internal communications media (intranet, newsletters, annual reports, and other material)
• Option of bespoke content to highlight your own experience and successes
• Licensed for all internal communications use
“20-first content is the ‘one-stop shop’ for anything related to gender and the most up-to-date reviews of the increasingly global flow of information on gender.”
Multinational Technology Client
- Members of the European Parliament draft controversial maternity leave plan
- Annual Women's Business Forum stars men
- Michelle Bachelet to lead the UN's women's rights agency
- The curse of motherhood
- Another revolutionary pill?
- How Sweden has successfully dealt with the problem of maternity leave
- Universities worldwide adopt gender studies – so should the corporate world
- Rwanda shows the world how to gender balance politics
- Catalyst Research Busts Myths About the Ideal Worker
- New Gender Diversity Projects Set the Bar Higher
- Women Prefer To Compete in Teams