HALF THE MARKET
Womens increasing education is accompanied by their increasing earnings and professional credentials.
- Women make 80% of consumer goods purchasing decisions in the US
- They start 70% of new business start-ups in Canada
- Goldman Sachs created a basket of funds called the WOMEN 30 that pinpoint businesses selling to women. They have outperformed the average stock exchange over the past decade
- In the UK, women are expected to own 60% of all personal wealth by 2025. Today there are more female millionaires between the age of 18 and 44 than male.
- Women earn 40% of the world’s GDP.
From INSIDE HER PRETTY LITTLE HEAD, Cunningham and Roberts, 2006
There is a strong link between the characteristics of an organisation (how masculine or feminine it is) and its ability to develop relevant marketing to the female audience. Respect for feminine differences, and therefore respect for female customers and employees, is essential to success.”
- Goldman Sachs identified 30 global companies in a recent report that are well-positioned to benefit from relative gains in female disposable income, known as the Women 30 index. More
- Even the most damaged sectors in the current downturn can release significant sales and marketing value by crafting a more effective approach towards women, says Collette Dunkley, CEO, XandY Communications. More
- Marketing to women on the web requires some new thinking, and it helps if you know your Greek mythology. More
- The brands that are evidently the most progressive and the most pioneering, are also the brands that appear to be most in touch with their feminine side, say authors Philippa Roberts and Jane Cunningham. More
- Invitations to a cherry-blossom viewing or to learn to make your own sake are just some of the perks of being a member of the first American Express credit card club to target non-working women. Mor
- JoAnne Thomas Yaccato, The 80% Minority
- Marti Barletta, Marketing to Women , 2006
- Fara Warner, The Power of the Purse
- Johnson and Learned’s, Don’t Think Pink
- Cell Phones Create Opportunities For Women
- High Demand For a Women's Viagra
- Will women help Harley-Davidson through tough times?
- The Economist Debate - Women and Work
- Men Dominate Finance
- The Growing Role of Women in the Labour Market
- Consumers Want Simplicity
- Women Respond To Models That Look Familiar
- Barbie Construction Set Unveiled
- The Economic Power of Women
- UN Announces Target for Broadband Gender Equity